Tuesday, April 13, 2010

my heart is in Mexico - at least when it is winter at home!

I love travelling to Mexico. I love being in Mexico. And in particular, I love going to the Yucatan Peninsula and being able to see the Caribbean Sea and all the colours it offers.  So already I have strayed from letters to give you a taste of a wonderful place to visit and I am absolutely open to try living in Playa for at least the cold Canadian months...

I sure wish these two trees would thrive in BC!

This is an awesome place to have breakfast!



A holiday is not complete without a visit to the Peanut Pet Shelter and a chance for some puppy cuddles.
and to think the adorable little puppy in their masthead - Miguel - might have distemper.
That is absolutely heartbreaking. He has been adopted by a couple in the US. They are waiting for their vet's diagnosis right now. Distemper is pretty much unheard of in the US and Canada and that's why the work they do at the Peanut Pet Shelter is so important for Playa del Carmen.

on the beach in Tulum
The beach in Tulum where my friend Heather lives.  Lucky or what?!
What would you give for a view like this?


2 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

These pictures are beautiful!

Bev said...

Thanks CJ. It really is a great place, hard to take a bad photo!