Thursday, June 24, 2010

Two posts in two days? unbelievable!

This is the baby book I have been working on to take with us to the UK.  I found the batiked fabric before the baby was born, thinking it would be ok for either boy or girl.  Loved the little batiked teddy bears and Samuel's Auntie Selam said sky blue would be a good choice and that was before his birth! she must be psychic!




a couple of sample pages








and the adorable recipient!  I think he is maybe 3 weeks old here. Love that dimple in his cheek!




I mentioned in the last post that I really should learn another go to stitching for my books.  I did!  One day as I was running to a doctor's appointment, I grabbed a copy of Bound and Lettered.  Vol 8 No. 2 in case you are wondering.  When I get them in the mail, I sit and look through and set them aside usually so I knew I would be entertained having it with me to read instead of the old magazines at the doctors' office.  This particular stitching pattern is in the magazine but the binding is a bit different.  I have lots of leather to use for flexible spines whereas they showed a matte board spine with single strands of beads.  The beads I happened to use are a tear drop shape and they fit together very well.  I need more of them! This means another trip to Shipwreck Beads might be in my future but unfortunately it will have to wait until I come home from conference this summer.  Erin and I have talked about going to a couple of Renaissance Faires in WA state in late August. Maybe we can squeeze in a trip to Shipwreck as well.



And now, back to my studio. There's always something needing doing in there, even if it is just cleaning off my desk to find a bit of workspace...



1 comment:

CJ Kennedy said...

The book cover is sweet and so is that cutie pie.